20 Middleburgh Street, Troy, NY 12180 • 518-272-0773
Prepare molds for production and work with production and engineering in improving and resolving mold problems. This consists at times of performing part number change-overs from assembly drawings, cleaning, complex assembly, complex repair and trouble shooting and performing visual inspection on molded product to assure good mold maintenance was performed. Inspect and prepare tooling to be installed into mold which means being proficient in all shop equipment (excluding wire edm) and heat treating techniques.
- Recommends changes in tooling design, under approval of engineering, to improve such factors as fit and condition of mold to produce a quality tool.
- Communicates with vendors and tool suppliers on tool related problems.
- Fits and assembles component parts into mold cavities and verifies dimensions, alignment and clearance.
- Analyzes and corrects complex mold malfunctions to assure mold will produce acceptable parts.
- Studies blueprints, determines machining operations necessary and determines proper sequence of operations considering such factors as type of metal, shape of metal, size of part, finish requirements and machining time.
- Ability to condition new molds.
- Fabrication and hand fitting of mold tooling.
- Provides instruction and technical guidance to trainees and/or peers
- General housekeeping of work area.
- Follow company and department guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Follow safety guidelines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree in Toolmaking or related field is preferred.
- Completion of Accredited Apprenticeship program is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in moldmaking
- Understanding of metallurgy.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately read and interpret blueprints.
- Advanced knowledge of milling machines, surface grinders and related shop equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of precision measurement devices.
- Advanced knowledge of tool design and understanding of fit and function of mold components.
- Understanding of Mold Tooling and Plastics.
- Excellent math skills including a working knowledge of trigonometry which includes roll dimensions and compound angles.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in order to successfully accomplish job duties.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Interested qualified personnel should forward resume’ to John@TroyToolDesign.com